Tuesday, March 16, 2010

God's Lenses of Grace = Our Sense of Purpose

Happy St. Patrick's Day! My corned beef and cabbage is ready to cook later today. Yum!

Now as for Wednesday's Wisdom. This week, the video I'm talking about can be found here.



Recently, I've spent a lot of time thinking about high school. High school wasn't really the sitcom experience for me. Sure, I was 70 pounds thinner and a cheerleader, but I thought I was fat. I was friends with all the "crowds" but I never felt like I fit in with any of them. I went to all the social events but always felt lonely. I got good grades but school didn't come easy. I could go on and on but you get the picture.



Sometimes I wish I could send an email to my teenage self and say, "Hey, don't worry. You see yourself that way, but God doesn't. God made you the way you are for a purpose."



And that's still true today. There are things we don't like about ourselves. But if we take off our glasses of self-deprecation and put on God's glasses of grace, we'll see how He sees us: perfectly created for our purpose.



"Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16



A few weeks ago someone said, "Some people peak in high school." That's humanity talking. God says, "You peak when my work in you is complete."

No comments:

Post a Comment