Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jesus is Alive!

Every morning, Adam gets up about 45 minutes before we do. And though we've told him he can't come into our room until the clock says 6:30, he often comes down and uses the bathroom outside our bedroom. This baffles me since there are two bathrooms upstairs both of which he passes as he journies from his room to the guest bath outside our bedroom door. Maybe it's because he can stare at himself in the mirror while he does his business. He often holds full conversations, sings songs, or acts out stories in the mirror while taking his marathon poop.

This morning, I was roused from my deep sleep by a purely angelic voice. It took me a few moments before I realized it was Adam singing in the guest bathroom once again.

"Jesus is alive, Jesus is alive, Jesus is alive," he sang over and over again.

A smile spread across my face as I realized it was Adam singing this little worship tune. How humbled and proud I was at the very same time. It was only a little over a year ago that my sweet boy prayed to ask Jesus into his heart. And I am so blessed to hear him worship his Savior albeit in the most unusual of circumstances. It was an awesome way to start a day!

3 comments:

  1. I think Adam is awesome! It was fun running into you while shopping the other day! Didja get anything fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see you too! My mom bought me a really cute pair of capris for $3.60 at Kohl's. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Mat some Spring shirts, and some for me as well.

    ReplyDelete