Friday, September 7, 2012

I Miss You, My Hawai'i

Aloha! It's Friday!

Last night, I had a dream about Iz. You know Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, the guy who sings "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with that sweet angelic voice? Yes, him. I had a dream and he was in it. When I woke, I didn't remember the details of the dream, but I had this deep longing in my heart for Hawai'i.

It's just like the song, I miss you, my Hawai'i. So I went through the photos I have saved on my laptop from some of our trips and thought I'd share a few with you. Come, visit my Hawai'i with me.

1979: My first visit to the islands

1981: My sister's first visit to the islands
 
 
1983
 
 


 
1989: my sister and I have always been water-lovers. I'm pretty sure we have gills. This hotel was in Honolulu. The pool is on the roof!
1993: on our Hawaii vacations, Karianne and I would always pretend we were twins and we'd give ourselves new Hawaiian names. Karianne's was always Kali but I don't remember what mine was.
 
2001: Though Scott had been to Hawai'i once as a child, he'd never been to Kaua'i until he went with our family in 2001. This photo was taken on Polihale beach.

 
2002: Our honeymoon to Maui

 
2004: Adam's first Hawai'i trip

 
And now, a little music. Click here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment