Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What A Difference A Year Makes

As the first month of summer vacation comes to a close, I've found myself basking in joy. Literally. This summer is so much better than last. Allow me to explain.

Last Summer:
-Working full-time as temporary District Sales Manager while the 'real DSM' was recovering from surgery. I was up at 6:30 working till 11 at night every day.
-Engine blew in our Blazer on business road-trip
-My Pacifica needed $2500 worth of repairs
-Back-to-back visits from in-laws
-Overbooked social calendar
-Lousy weather
-Bored son
-Feeling of impending doom (i.e. Adam was going to start kindergarten)
-Social pressure which really made me hate myself, my kids and my husband
-Felt like I was running out of time
-Nearly nightly panic attacks

This Summer:
-Working part-time as assistant DSM for 3 districts. I keep myself on a strict work schedule. I don't allow it to interfere with my home life.
-Hardly any social commitments
-Gorgeous weather
-Pacifica running very well. Woody is our "funky but useful" replacement to the blown Blazer.
-Happy son (okay he hates the homework I make him do)
-Great things happening at church
-Enjoying every minute I spend with my kids and my husband

Job 1:21 in The Message translation puts it perfectly: "God gives, God takes. God's name be ever blessed."

So many times people cite this verse in an effort to comfort someone. As in God gave a loved one life and God has taken it away. But I also interpret it to mean that God allowed turmoil and now God has removed it. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment