Friday, April 30, 2010

Bloom for Jesus

Bloom for Jesus the colorful letters say on the preschool wall at Martin Luther. Bloom for Jesus. Oh that can mean so many things. But for me, it was a poignant message sent from my Father who wants me to get going on this writing project. When I read it yesterday, I said quietly, "Okay God, I get it. I'm supposed to start writing."

I've been 'researching' the Transplant/Bloom project for almost four years. Some days the only work that gets done is thinking. Other days, I read chapters and chapters of the Bible taking copious notes to support my theories. But a few months ago, God told me I needed to do more with this, take it to the next level.

You see, I was flipping through my Stampin' Up catalog and saw an adorable stamp set called "Bella's Blooms." One of the stamps says "It's Time to Bloom." I bought the set because I knew it was a message from my Father. Then I used to set to create the invitations for the college girls' Bible study I started at our church.

Two weeks later, I got another nudge. One of the girls in my study gave me a hug and said, "Oh my you smell so good." I thanked her and said it was my favorite perfume.

"What's it called?" she asked.

"In Bloom by-" I started.

"Oh my goodness. Bloom! That really is your theme!" She interjected.

Yes, dear Lord, Bloom is my theme.

So, here I am trying to get started on my blooming. Today I will work on this project. It is metamorphisizing before my very eyes and I'm so excited. I know my Father has big plans for me and my project. Now I just have to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment