Monday, June 22, 2009

O Wise Kermit

Remember that Kermit the Frog song, "Bein' Green?" Well, he was one wise frog.



Yesterday was my first day back in my normal life. Man, it felt like I was back in my own skin again. I did "homework" with Adam without feeling rushed, I did two loads of laundry, we played football in the backyard, went swimming at Grammy's, watched a cropduster dust the wheat field near our house, cooked dinner, went to soccer (which was then canceled) and then made S'mores. When the day was over, I felt fulfilled, a feeling I didn't have for the previous 7 weeks.



While we were tossing the football back and forth, I suddenly thought of Kermit's song. Of course, I thought the song was called "I love being me" but whatever. The point is, Kermit sang about the challenges of being green yet at the end of the song, he says :

I am green and it'll do fine

It's beautiful!

And I think it's what I want to be.



Kermit, my friend, I hope you don't mind, but I'm changing your lyrics:



I am mom and I'll be fine

It's beautiful!

And it is what I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment