Monday, May 18, 2009

My Calling is Clear

So I've been standing in as District Manager for almost two weeks now. And while I really enjoy many parts of the job, I know one thing for sure. I need to be a stay-at-home mom right now.

Since moving here and making the decision to stay home, I've often wondered if it was the right call. Money's been tight living off one salary. I know many of you can relate. Often times, I've looked at jobs and even applied but nothing came of it. But still I've wondered should I go back to work?

When Gwen called me two weeks ago and asked me to stand in for her, I didn't even think twice. The extra money is needed and I wanted to help her out because she's not only my boss, she's my friend. And, I wanted to better understand what she does when I'm not with her so I can be a better help to her. Also, she's often teased me that I could steal her job. Though I wouldn't do that, it made me wonder if I could really do what she does.

So, here I am two weeks into the four-six week stint as manager and I can't wait to go back to my provincial life as stay-at-home mom and Avon Lady. Don't get me wrong. I am loving the interaction with the reps, loving the challenge, loving the excitement and the feeling of being productive. And maybe one day many years from now I'd like to be a district manager somewhere in the country. I'd love to be Gwen's sister-manager.

But for now, I am so very happy to be a mom, wife and Avon lady. Sure, it means tight budgets and days full of diapers and Legos, but I'll take it. I'll take it happily.

1 comment: