Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In Review

Since starting my stint as stand-in manager, I've been to Dickinson and Ft. Yates twice each. That equates to lots of quiet driving time without interruption. I heard a song on one of the road trips that made me start playing my life back in a powerpoint presentation manner. Can I remember the song now? No. But here are my favorite "slides."

The first time Gracey responded to our voices in the NICU.

Adam running laps and giggling when we arrived at Disney World.

Watching Scott dismount the horse in a prince costume and knowing he was about to propose.

Singing "Peaceful, Easy Feeling" with my classmates on the last day of massage school.

Sitting in my 14th century dorm room at Oxford and watching the carpet blow up off the floor in the summer breeze.

Protesting tuition hikes, tenure denials and going co-ed at Mills. Better dead than co-ed.

Choking on a vitamin, stopping breathing and going unconscious in Paris where I was then rescusitated by the Pizza Hut guy riding a moped.

Leading VBS in Coslada, Spain.

Watching the OJ Simpson "low speed chase" on TV before going to my high school graduation ceremony.

Passing out sandwiches and witnessing to the homeless in Berkeley's People's Park. Having said sandwiches thrown at me because we put mustard on them again even though the guy who lived on Telegraph had told us he didn't like mustard.


And now my mind is toast and I can't remember anything else. I guess that means I'm old.

No comments:

Post a Comment