Tuesday, November 28, 2006

First Thanksgiving


What an ordeal last night could have been! I am so grateful to God for protecting us (we hit black ice on our way to the hospital) and providing us with excellent medical care! He is good!
Thanksgiving was hard for me and for Grammy this year. And, not just because we missed our extended family back in California (You guys were there in spirit) but because we don't know how to cook Thanksgiving for less than 30 people! Grammy made huge green bean and yam casseroles and I made a gallon of gravy. Of course, as I finished baking the seventh, yes seventh, dessert I realized I'd gone overboard, but oh well. One nice thing about having a small Thanksgiving is we got to pull out the "good china" and make it a formal dinner. I love the way my table turned out. See:


I used my new amethyst-colored chargers which I picked up at Target at the day after Christmas sale for an absolute song. I couldn't find a turkey napkin fold pattern, so I did the "cocks comb" instead. Close enough, I guess. And, does the centerpiece look familiar? I love using our wedding centerpieces; it reminds me of that glorious day and all your smiling faces.
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment