Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Oops. I'm not perfect.

I have a confession to make. I'm not perfect, though sometimes I want to think that I am. Or, maybe want you to think. But, today, I was hit with the realization that I don't want to be perfect, I want to be the woman God made me to be.

This realization came to me after I realized I sent out three "bad apples" for Christmas cards. And, though the mailman usually doesn't come until 5:30pm, today he came at 3:30pm which was 30 minutes before I realized the mistake.

Of course, I was so mad at myself (and the computer) that I actually threw myself on the floor and cried. Later, in the shower before picking up my in-laws at the airport, I realized that I don't have to be perfect to be good enough for God. I'm already good enough for Him. He created me and so what if three people get dysfunctional Christmas cards. They'll live and so will I. I don't have to have it all together all the time (which is good because I don't).

As I stood there in the shower, I heard God saying, "who's glory were you doing it for?" And the point was driven home. I love it (but hate it) when God turns a stupid mistake into a powerful lesson.

Incidentally, I would like to make it up to you if you get a "bad apple". So, if your Christmas greeting ends before "Adam's Final Take", email me and I'll send you a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment