Thursday, August 10, 2006

Summer Storms

Yesterday, we were greeted by a morning thunderstorm. The loud thunder pounded and boomed for about 20 minutes before the rain came. Then the rain and hail joined the show. But, by 9am, the sky was clear and sunny. We had more rain last night with drops as big as marbles. And, it's raining again now. Usually, I hate rain. But, these summer storms make me think of Hawai'i. It will be 90 degrees outside and then these giant drops of warm rain water start to fall. And, above all that, we're having a terrible drought as most of the plains states are and we can use every drop of rain God sends our way.

In other news, my bee sting was swollen and the size of a 3x5 card yesterday. Yuck-o. Today, it's about half that size but still very itchy. I'm staying doped up on Benadryl to stop from scratching, but then I'm like a zombie. You just can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment