Monday, August 21, 2006

First fall on its way

I'm a wee bit sore today from all the ATV riding I did the last two days. In fact, I can barely move my left wrist and my hip abductors would like to have a stern word with me. But, who cares, it was fun! Turns out you can catch some serious air if you ride that thing at full speed over a mound of dirt.
The early signs of autumn are swirling around us. The flax fields have turned amber and are waiting to be harvested. The fields of sunflowers are a butter yellow as they droop their heads and prepare to drop their seeds. One block away, the corn field has been cut down. The breeze that once blew warm and sticky is now cool and crisp. The outdoor community pools are closed for the summer and Bismarck kids go back to school on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment