Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Avon, this is Ding-Dong calling!

Yes, that's pretty much how I feel today.

I dropped Adam off at school, then swung through the library drive through to drop off some books. At least one of them was overdue. The other ones I never got around to reading. About halfway home, I reached into my library bag to grab my card. My plan was to put it in my lap so I'd remember to take it into the house. I have some library searching to do and I like to request my items so they're ready for me when I go to the library.

I reach inside and what do you know, there's no library card. Not in the little wallet I keep in there. Not on the bottom of the bag. Just gone. So, I figure out that I must have returned it along with the books. Yes, that's what I must have done.

So I get home and call the library. The gal goes and looks in the bin. No card. She tells me she'll note my account and if it turns up they'll call me. Okay, fine, great. No problem.

Not even sixty seconds later, she calls. She's laughing.

She says, "Well, I went into your account to put the note in there, but there was already a note saying your card was left at the circulation desk on May 11."

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Or at least a monkey.

So I gave a librarian a good laugh and even chuckled at myself.

The really funny thing? As I pulled into my driveway, this song came on the radio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nx5M1DPg6w

No comments:

Post a Comment