Friday, March 23, 2012

Aloha Friday

My hula kika aloha (dear hula sister) Danielle celebrates Aloha Friday every week. I love her posts on Facebook. So I've decided to start celebrating with her.

Welcome to my first Aloha Friday!

Today it is grey and overcast in Bismarck. Not my favorite weather by a long shot.

But when I woke up this morning, it felt like Hawai'i outside. The air was heavy and sweet, the birds were singing and the ground was damp. It was gorgeous. Even Scott commented on our Hawaiian start to the day.

Of course, any mention of Hawai'i makes me homesick. It's ironic how you can be homesick for a place you've never officially called home. I suppose that's how we sometimes feel about heaven, though, too.

Thus, today I'd like to share something that has been on my heart and mind for several months: hula worship. Take a gander at this video, and if you'd like to join me in incorporating hula into how you worship our Almighty God, let me know.

http://youtu.be/D_jBdTr4V_I

No comments:

Post a Comment