Thursday, March 31, 2011

There's a New Rose in My Garden

No. I am not pregnant.

Scott started his new job last week. He spent the first week away in Missouri at training. And now he is almost done with his second week.

The thing is, he now works from home.

This transplanting of my husband from his out-of-the-house office to his in-our-house office has been an adjustment for both of us. To say the least it has been an adjustment. One to which we are still adjusting.

Monday was a crazy day because I had to run him to Mandan to get his new work van. Being that it's been stored outside for three months, it was buried in several feet of snow. We were told to to come back when they'd released it from its snow trap. The day was all chopped up, but we rolled with it.

Tuesday he began conducting inventory of his van. Most of the inventory ended up on my dining room table. I'm a "place for everything and everything in its place" kind of gal, so this put me off-kilter despite his warnings that he'd made a mess in the house when I got home from story time with Gracey.

Wednesday he had to go to one of the branches he services for part of the day and did so after clearing out my dining room. I was grateful to him for doing so.

Today we have managed to stay out from under each other's feet, so I think we're finding our stride.

Now if only he'd remember this new office building of his does not come equipped with a separate men's room, so it would be much appreciated if he'd put the seat down when he's done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment