Saturday, September 9, 2006

Mourning into Dancing

Yesterday was a hard day for me as I impatiently waited for and worried about Scott's job interview. But I learned in my heart what I've always known in my head. At a moment when anxiety was choking me, I asked friends for prayer and what I got was so much more. I have the best friends in the world, whether they're in CA, NY, ND or somewhere else, I truly have wonderful friends. And, our God is able! Using the encouragement of my friends, He turned my worry to joyfulness.

Today is day two of the biggest rummage sale (i.e. garage sale) week-end of the year in Bismarck. We got a late start yesterday, but managed to score some blow mold Christmas decorations for only $8! Then, today, the Rose family was scouring sales from 7:30am until 1:30pm and made some awesome finds like the gas grill for $5! But, now we're exhausted.
All this came after a busy week of relaxation. Scott and Pops went fishing with some buddies to Devil's Lake. (hey Scott, why don't you update your blog and post some photos)

Meanwhile, Grammy, Adam, Buddy and I went on a shopping trip to Minneapolis. We spent 6.5 hours at the Mall of America on Wednesday before returning for dinner and another hour of shopping that night! We also visited "Auntie" Allison, "Baby Wyatt" and "Fox Dog" (aka Foxy Brown) while there.

No comments:

Post a Comment